Black Country Housing Groups delivering the Black Country Click Start project, a free service for people aged 18 - 64 who are unemployed or ‘economically inactive’ e.g. Not in paid employment, self-employment and are not available for or not seeking work. The aim is to help people to develop their personal financial and digital skills to enable them to make the most of the internet, manage their money and find training, volunteering or employment opportunities online.
Black Country Click Start is funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund. The project specifically targets people not in work who will be affected by a change in circumstances such as a transfer to Universal Credit and other aspects of the welfare reform, those in rent arrears and those affected by debt.
Delivered individually or in small group, support can be given with any of the following:
- Filling out online forms
- Using the internet with confidence
- Setting up online billing and banking
- Staying safe online
- Understanding how the internet can be useful
- Accessing employment support and training information online
- Applying for jobs and volunteering opportunities online
- Accessing specific health support needs online
- Comparing products online to save money
- Understanding and access different sources of financial and money advice online
- Budget planning
- Receiving and sending e-mails
- Using social media e.g. Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp
- Making/receiving telephone/video calls using Skype, Facetime and WhatsApp
- Finding information online for leisure time i.e. Cinema times and holiday bookings
- Watching TV online or downloading TV programmes and films
We will provide support at a local library, community centre or community venue.
If you need help or would like to find out more about the scheme please contact the team on 0121 561 7935 or email BBO-Clickstart@bchg.co.uk.
You can also contact Kevin (Financial and Digital Inclusion Support Worker) on:
Call: 0121 289 3932 / 07969 559155
Text or WhatsApp: 07969 559155