You will be aware of the current international crisis in relation to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
BCHG has strong record of looking after our residents and colleagues and we intend this to continue through this period of uncertainty.
While as far as possible we are continuing normal business at the moment we have already made some changes to how we work to ensure this can continue.
- We have identified residents who may be isolated and/or at risk to ensure they remain supported.
- We have halted our major works programmes (kitchens and bathrooms) so we can dedicate resources to emergency repairs and health and safety works.
- We have changed our rent arrears policy to give more discretion to colleagues in making agreements to repay any debt created by Coronavirus related illness.
- We have paused all evictions for non-payment of rent for the next three months.
- We are working closely with our telecare suppliers to ensure that all alarm systems remain in good order.
- We are talking to all our other suppliers to ensure that we have good stocks of maintenance materials, protective equipment and catering supplies.
- We have closed our offices at 145 High Street and all staff are working in their communities or from home.
- Colleagues have been asked to make first contact with all residents via phone, text or email and not come into people’s homes who may be self-isolating.
- Staff are encouraged to self-isolate to avoid spread of any infection and they will not be financially worse off for any such action
- Some colleagues in higher risk groups are changing their working patterns to stay protected.
- We have stopped general access into our care services and only allowing access in exceptional circumstances with the Home Managers discretion
We are reviewing the situation daily and as things change we will continue to keep you updated.
If you have any query please contact us
Alternatives to 'Over The Counter' Payment Collection
Coronavirus is causing unprecedented disruption to society with precautionary measures already affecting people’s normal movements. Although we do not foresee major interruptions to the Post Office or PayPoint service, many customers who make payments “over the counter” will now be advised or reluctant to visit these outlets. We therefore wanted to remind you of alternative allpay payment collection options that could be used to pay your rent.
- Internet payments – you can make secure online payments at any time at www.allpayments.net using yout Payment Reference Number (PRN) from your swipe card or barcode and your bank card
- Telephone payments – for those customers who do not like to make online payments, this simple automated telephone system takes you through every step of the payment process which fully meets PCI compliance requirements, again using your PRN
- Mobile APP – available on both Apple and Android devices, this secure app can easily be set up with a bank card to make payments on a regular basis after a simple registration
- Text payments – even without a smartphone you can register and make payments after a brief registration online
If you require your Payment Reference Number please Contact Us
Important Information about our service in the light of COVID 19
We know these are worrying times for us all, impacting our normal way of life and causing untold hardship. I am writing to assure you that the health and safety of you, your neighbours and our staff colleagues is important to us. We are doing all we can to minimise the impact of the virus, and following the latest Government Guidance.