Standard Specification for Maintenance and Cleaning
Note: The service standards stated below apply under normal weather conditions. During inclement or severe weather conditions the order of work or the schedule may be changed to allow normal working on alternative days to prevent damage to plants, turf or equipment and to comply with safe working directives for our operatives and members of the public.
- All grassed areas to be mown at twice per month between 1st April and 31st October. All grass cuttings to be collected or dropped (according to agreed specification) from grassed areas, cleared from pathways, drives, paved areas, car parks etc and removed from site.
- Where grass abuts border, pathways, paved areas etc, edges to be kept neatly trimmed. All debris to be removed from site.
- All beds to be kept weed free, including the use of pesticides/herbicides which conform to current legislation.
- Above mentioned pesticides/herbicides also to be applied along fence lines, communal pathways, drives, drying areas, paved areas and car parks etc as required, ensuring that minimal damage is caused to grassed areas, in accordance with current practices and legislation.
- All paved areas, pathways, drives and car parks to be cleared of all plant debris and litter removed from site twice per month between 1st April and 31st October.
- All grassed and paved areas, pathways, drives and car parks to be cleared of all leaves and litter removed from site at monthly intervals between 1st November and 31st March.
- Gully grids over storm-weather drains to be cleared of debris when necessary.
- Hedges, shrubs and climbing plants to be trimmed, pruned and cut back as necessary to maintain shape and condition and to prevent encroachment onto grassed or paved areas or around windows. All debris to be removed from site.
- After each visit, a nominated or available resident will be supplied with a satisfaction slip inviting them to score items from this specification which have been carried out during the visit and add any comments they wish to make.
- Payment will be by way of 12 equal payments each year, ie; One-twelfth of the annual contract value will be paid each month.
- Any work required in addition to this specification, including bulk rubbish removal, the replacement of shrubs or other plants and also selective weed killer/feed and weed products will be quoted for and agreed with the customer prior to the work being carried out
Specification for BCHG Weekly Cleaning Services
All works to be undertaken during the hours 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday only.
- Sweep away any leaves or debris from around the immediate external areas of entrance doors and spot clean any external porch
- Wipe away any dirty stains or marks on external doors and communal cupboard doors.
- Sweep, pickup and dispose from site all lose litter and leaves on footpaths to and from front entrances and car parks
- Shake out all lose communal mats and clear mat wells using most appropriate method, leaving clean and free of dust and dirt.
- Sweep, pickup and dispose from site all lose litter and leaves internally
- Carpets to be vacuum cleaned to all areas including beneath residents mats and stair treads.
- Tiled/Vinyl floor surfaces to be swept and then mopped with appropriate cleaning materials to include all internal uncarpeted areas including stair treads and risers.
- All surfaces must be left free from excess or surplus water.
Internal Communal Areas
- Dust and polish all woodwork, window sills, handrails and ledges.
- Dust and clean all meter cupboards, meter cupboard doors, mail boxes and communal light fittings.
- Wipe and clean, dust, dirt etc. from all internal communal doors, door frames, architraves and window partitioning
- Wipe and clean, dust, dirt form skirting boards and stair strings
- Polish glazing to internal doors
- Dust and polish all push plates, kick plates and door handles of communal doors
- Wipe walls free of dirty marks, dust etc.
- Remove ceiling debris / ceiling wall line removing cobwebs and such like.
- Clean Communal Lifts internally to include walls, floor and both sides of doors.
- Wipe and clean all stair rails and balustrades
- Check and report on all lights which have blown
The following works are to be completed one week in each four;
- Detailed spot clean to walls and floors
- Remove bins, sweep out, wash and disinfect bin room areas
Communal rooms, kitchens and bathrooms
Please note this affects two properties at The Courtyard and The Mews each property has a residents room with small kitchenette and separate disabled WC for communal use. The contractor will be required to clean these as per the above specification with the addition of cleaning of kitchen units, sanitary ware and tiling. The contractor is also to replenish WC rolls and paper hand towels.
Hazard signs must be used to indicate wet floors and trailing wires when using vacuum cleaners and other possible hazard.
Specification for Communal Window Cleaning
The contractor must provide all cleaning materials, equipment and means of access to all areas. Any problems obtaining access must be referred to the Maintenance Surveyor.
Hazard signs must be used to indicate potential hazards
The contractor is responsible for the safety and security of all his materials, equipment and is expected to comply fully with the Health and Safety at Work act 1974.
All works to be undertaken during the hours 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday only, works may be completed outside of these times only with the prior agreement of the Maintenance Department.
- Wash clean all glazed window surfaces using water and an approved detergent.
- Wipe clean all dust and dirt from the window frames, sashes, etc. using a damp cloth.
- Wash clean all glazing to communal doors and partitions in which they are sited using water and an approved detergent.
All surfaces must be left free of all dirt, dust, grease, finger marks, etc.
Internal Windows to Communal Areas
- Dust and polish all glazing to windows/skylights on stairways using an approved cleaning agent.
- Dust and polish all glazing to communal doorways and partitions in which they are sited using an approved cleaning agent.
- Black Country Housing’s office windows and doors should be cleaned internally using an approved cleaning agent.
Wipe clean all dust and dirt from PVCu window frames, sashes, etc. using an approved cleaning agent.