Black Country Care is the health and care division of Black Country Housing. Black Country Care provides affordable health services to vulnerable people in their own homes as well as our own properties in the Birmingham and Black Country area. Black Country Housing Group is a Top 100 Not-for-profit company to work for.
We are seeking Support Workers to work in our specially adapted homes for people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
As a Support Worker, you will be required to support the independent living of our clients by escorting them during the day, supporting them with domestic duties as well as personal care.
You will be required to be flexible to work with our clients, some of who require support throughout the day and night.
Key tasks include providing personal care, food preparation, domestic tasks such as laundry, as well as supporting people to manage their finances.
To fulfill this role you will need to:
- ideally have some experience of providing care to vulnerable people
- have a caring and compassionate disposition
- be willing and flexible to work unsociable hours as required and sometimes at short notice
- have NVQ Level 2 in Adult Health and Social Care
- possess a full UK driving licence
- Schemes based in Brockmoor and Brierley Hill, West Midlands
- Contracts starting from 16 hours up to 35 hours per week
- Shifts are on a rota basis which may include evenings, weekends, sleep-ins and nights
- £7.70 / £7.85 per hour, depending on qualification
- Multiple positions available
- Opportunity for overtime
- The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
How to Apply
To apply we recommend that you download and complete an application form (see below).
You can also request an application pack by emailing us at email@example.com.
If using a mobile device, please note that downloads work best on computers with Microsoft Word.