Senior Care Assistant
Black Country Care is a recognised and trusted provider of care in the local area. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality of care to our customers and providing a supportive, positive environment for our care staff.
Gower Gardens is our brand new, 66-bed, state-of-the art care home located on Kent Road in Halesowen. We are looking for compassionate, dedicated and caring people for our team at Gower Gardens.
We are recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join our team at Gower Gardens. The main purpose of the role is to delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents whilst ensuring that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- To act as a care plan co-ordinator for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times
The ideal candidate will need to have experience of working in a caring environment as well as supervisory and leadership skills, an NVQ Level 3 or higher in Adult Health and Social Care, or be able to achieve it within the next 12 months. Knowledge of supporting people with Dementia and age-related illnesses is essential, as is an understanding of CQC Standards and Compliance. The post holder must have a flexible and proactive approach to work, with the ability to work unsociable hours on a regular basis, including weekends and bank holidays.
There is a genuine occupational requirement to be physically able to lift residents and operate hoisting systems.
- Based in Gower Gardens Care Home, Halesowen
- 42 hours per week
- £8.85 per hour
- Multiple positions available
- Working pattern will based on, but not limited to, a 3 days on/3 days off rota with 12 hour shift patterns
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
- The post holder will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Why work for Black Country Care?
- The opportunity to work for a Top 100 Not-for-Profit company and knowing the difference that you have made by improving someone’s life
- The chance to join a brand new team and state-of-the-art care home
- All staff will receive core training and induction into the company and Gower Gardens
- Generous holiday entitlement
- A uniform for frontline care staff
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Telephone Helpline
How to Apply
Please download and complete an application form below. You can also download the job description to support you with your application.
Please note that our downloads work best on a computer with Microsoft Word.