Black Country Care is a recognised and trusted provider of care in the local area. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality of care to our customers and providing a supportive, positive environment for our care staff. New Bradley Hall is one of our residential care homes in Kingswinford. We are currently in the process of building a new home on the same site which will open in Spring 2018.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team at New Bradley Hall. The main purpose of the role is to provide a comprehensive maintenance service in all areas of the home, both interior and exterior, communicating and interacting with all employees and residents ensuring that the care home is kept in good condition.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- To carry out repairs and maintenance tasks within the individual’s capability in all areas of the home
- To carry out specific maintenance and regular safety checks (e.g. fire) as identified in the maintenance check list, keeping accurate, up-to-date records of the checks
- To liaise with the manager ensuring the care home is maintained in good decorative order, the environment is comfortable, friendly and has a ‘homely’ feel for the residents.
- To maintain the grounds and garden areas, keeping them in a neat and tidy condition.
- To respect residents at all times, especially their individual right to privacy, dignity and choice, incorporating residents’ needs and requirements into your work routine so that the Care Home is pleasant to both live and work.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a general maintenance role, as well as knowledge of low level domestic refurbishment, home improvement and basic Health and Safety procedures. A full, clean driving licence is essential for this role as is a flexible and proactive approach to work, with the ability to work at other locations if required.
There is a genuine requirement to be able to carry out physically demanding work which is a day to day requirement of this role and which may include bending, lifting, climbing, carrying and moving heavy loads.
- Based at New Bradley Hall, Kingswinford
- 20 hours per week
- £8.09 per hour
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
- The post holder will be subject to an Standard DBS Check
Why work for Black Country Care?
- The opportunity to work for a Top 100 Not-for-Profit company and knowing the difference that you have made by improving someone’s life
- The chance to join a brand new team and state-of-the-art care home
- All staff will receive core training and induction into the company and Gower Gardens
- Generous holiday entitlement
- A uniform for frontline care staff
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Telephone Helpline
How to Apply
Please download and complete the application form below. You can also download the job description to support you with this.
Please note that our downloads work best on a computer with Microsoft Word.