Black Country Care is a recognised and trusted provider of care in the local area. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality of care to our customers and providing a supportive, positive environment for our care staff.
New Bradley Hall is our 32 bed care home in Kingswinford. We are looking for compassionate, dedicated and caring people to join our team.
We are recruiting for a Laundry Assistant to join our team at New Bradley Hall. The main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient and effective laundry service that fully meets the needs of the residents, along with the high standards expected in the care home.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- To provide a high quality laundry service for all linen and resident’s personal clothing/items, following residents’ individual care plans where there may be special requirements.
- To ensure that the Laundry is cleaned to a high standard in compliance with the specific cleaning guidelines and schedules
- To check that all residents’ personal clothing and items are individually labelled, maintained in good repair and returned to the correct resident in a timely manner
- To ensure all equipment used is in full, safe working order
- To be an active and helpful member of the team, contributing to meetings, attending training sessions and ensure that Gower Gardens is a friendly and supportive working environment
The ideal candidate will be able to manage time and tasks effectively as well as able to use and maintain essential cleaning equipment. The individual will be able to work well within a team and have a flexible and proactive approach to work. Previous work experience in a caring environment is desirable, but not essential for this role.
- Based at New Bradley Hall, Kingswinford
- 26 hours per week
- £7.50 per hour
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
- The post holder will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Why work for Black Country Care?
- The opportunity to work for a Top 100 Not-for-Profit company and knowing the difference that you have made by improving someone’s life
- All staff will receive core training and induction into the company
- Generous holiday entitlement
- A uniform for frontline care staff
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Telephone Helpline
How to Apply
Please download and complete an application form below.
Alternatively, you can request an application pack by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If using a mobile device, please note that downloads work best on computers with Microsoft word.