Home Carer - Full Time & Part Time
Black Country Care is the health and care division of Black Country Housing. Black Country Care provides affordable health services to vulnerable people in their own homes as well as our own properties in the Birmingham and Black Country area. Black Country Housing Group is a Top 100 Not-for-profit company to work for.
We are seeking Home Carers to work as part of our Black Country Care service.
You will be required to work through out the Black Country operating in areas such as Halesowen, Dudley and Wordsley to deliver care and support to people in their own homes.
Key tasks include providing personal care, food preparation, domestic tasks such as laundry, as well as supporting people to manage their finances.
To fulfil this role you will need to:
- ideally have some experience of providing care to vulnerable people
- have a caring and compassionate disposition
- be willing and flexible to work unsociable hours as required
- have NVQ Level 2 in Care or willing to work towards it
- possess a full UK driving licence
- possess your own vehicle
- possess vehicle insurance with business use included
- Full time (35 hours) and part time hours available
- £7.85/£8.00 per hour based on qualification
- Travel time allowance
- Weekend working enhancements
- Paid overtime
- Up to 28 days holidays (plus bank holidays)
- Voluntary health cashplan
- mileage paid
- The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check
How to Apply
To apply we recommend that you download and save an application form (see below).
Alternatively, you can request an application pack by calling 0121 561 3300.
If using a mobile device, please note that downloads work best on computers with Microsoft word.