Black Country Care is a recognised and trusted provider of care in the local area. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality of care to our customers and providing a supportive, positive environment for our care staff.
Gower Gardens is our brand new, 66-bed, state-of-the art care home located on Kent Road in Halesowen, which will open in September 2016. We are looking for compassionate, dedicated and caring people for our team at Gower Gardens.
We are recruiting for Domestic Assistants to join our brand new care home in Halesowen. The main purpose of the role is to provide bed making and domestic duties within Gower Gardens with care and respect, upholding residents’ dignity and choices.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- To undertake bed making with the help of the residents, if they are capable, and if they are not, to do the task for them.
- To tidy residents’ rooms.
- To collect dirty laundry.
- To ensure that linen etc. is stored neatly and correctly.
- To ensure all equipment used is in full, safe working order.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements that are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, and all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to ensure a safe and efficient laundry service in the home.
The ideal candidate will have experience in providing a domestic or cleaning service, knowledge of care and safeguarding procedures and an understanding of individual needs of the elderly. The post holder will also need to be able to use and maintain essential cleaning equipment.
There is also a genuine occupational requirement to be physically able to undertake medium/heavy lifting.
- Based at Gower Gardens Care Home, Halesowen
- 21 hours per week
- £7.50 per hour
- Working pattern will based on, but not limited to, a 3 days on/3 days off rota with 6 hour shift patterns
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
- The post holder will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Why work for Black Country Care?
- The opportunity to work for a Top 100 Not-for-Profit company and knowing the difference that you have made by improving someone’s life
- The chance to join a brand new team and state-of-the-art care home
- All staff will receive core training and induction into the company and Gower Gardens
- Generous holiday entitlement
- A uniform for frontline care staff
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Telephone Helpline
How to Apply
Please download and complete an application form below. You can also download the job description to support you with your application.
Please note that our downloads work best on a computer with Microsoft Word.