Black Country Care is a recognised and trusted provider of care in the local area. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality of care to our customers and providing a supportive, positive environment for our care staff. New Bradley Hall is one of our residential care homes in Kingswinford. We are currently in the process of building a new home on the same site which will open in Spring 2018.
We are currently recruiting for two Deputy Managers to join our team. The main purpose of the role is to plan, monitor and deliver the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met. The post holder will be required to supervise and evaluate the care delivered to residents always ensuring that legal and Care Home standards are met.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- To act as the person in charge of the home in the absence of the Manager ensuring that legislation is adhered to and standards are maintained.
- To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- To act as a care plan co-ordinator for a named group of residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full.
- To supervise and support staff to fulfil their job role.
- To be responsible for understanding and complying with statutory and legal requirements that are relevant, including Health and Safety, COSHH, the Health and Social Care Act, in order to ensure that all care teams and other staff members maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- Participating in the formulation of individual care plans for each resident and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care and to ensure that all care teams and other staff understand and respect this.
- To be an active and encouraging senior member of the Care team
- Undertaking general care assistant duties throughout the home as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years experience working in a caring environment as well as a minimum of 1 years experience working in a supervisory role. The post holder will have an NVQ Level 3 or higher in Adult Health and Social Care and be up-to-date with all core training. Knowledge of CQC Fundamental Standards and Compliance is essential in this role, as is knowledge of supporting people with Dementia and age-related illnesses.
The post holder will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and supervisory skills along with a basic understanding of budgeting and accountancy as well as good numeric, literacy and communication skills. The post holder will also have good management skills or be willing to develop them.
- Based at New Bradley Hall, Kingswinford
- £12.09 per hour
- 42 hours per week
- Two positions available
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
- The post holder will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Why work for Black Country Care?
- The opportunity to work for a Top 100 Not-for-Profit company and knowing the difference that you have made by improving someone’s life
- The chance to join a brand new team and state-of-the-art care home
- All staff will receive core training and induction into the company and Gower Gardens
- Generous holiday entitlement
- A uniform for frontline care staff
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Telephone Helpline
How to Apply
Please download and complete the application form below. You can also download the job description to support you with this.
Please note that our downloads work best on a computer with Microsoft Word.