Black Country Care is a recognised and trusted provider of care in the local area. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality of care to our customers and providing a supportive, positive environment for our care staff.
Gower Gardens is our brand new, 66-bed, state-of-the art care home located on Kent Road in Halesowen, which will open in September 2016. We are looking for compassionate, dedicated and caring people for our team at Gower Gardens.
We have a vacancy in the position of Assistant Cook at Gower Gardens. The main purpose of the role is to assist in the preparation of all residents’ meals, making sure that they provide a range of nutritional value, as well as ensuring that the kitchen is a safe and hygienic place to work; meeting the Food Safety guidelines and Gower Gardens’ own high standards.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in serving meals to residents and understanding specific food requirements
- Complying with statutory and legal requirements, such as HACCP, Health and Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health in order to maintain a safe environment throughout the home
- Store and rotate stock appropriately
- To work as part of an integral team to ensure that Gower Gardens is a friendly and supportive working environment
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of basic food preparation, stock control and rotation as well as the ability to use and maintain essential catering and cleaning products. The candidate will also need to have basic literacy and numeracy skills as well as good communication skills. The post holder will also have a basic Food Hygiene certificate and a NVQ Level 2 or higher in Professional Cookery or be willing to work towards it.
- Based in Gower Gardens Care Home, Kent Road, Halesowen
- 31.5 hours per week
- £7.70 per hour
- Working pattern will based on, but not limited to, a 3 days on/3 days off rota with 9 hour shift patterns
- The post holder will be subject to a six month probationary period
- The post holder will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
Why work for Black Country Care?
- The opportunity to work for a Top 100 Not-for-Profit company and knowing the difference that you have made by improving someone’s life
- The chance to join a brand new team and state-of-the-art care home
- All staff will receive core training and induction into the company and Gower Gardens
- Generous holiday entitlement
- A uniform for frontline care staff
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Confidential Employee Telephone Helpline
How to Apply
Please download and complete an application form below. You can also download the job description to support you with your application.
Please note that our downloads work best on a computer with Microsoft Word.